Buying a home can be one of the most stressful challenges, it will be one of the largest contracts you will have to sign into....Make sure you are ready for the financial obligation by following these 5 simple steps it will save you from making a costly mistake and you will just be able to sit back and enjoy the last memories in your new home:
1. What can you afford: Make sure that you don't buy more house than you can afford take the extras into account, maintenance, insurance and property taxes just to name a few.
2. Narrow your priorities: What is the MOST important Size, neighbourhood, schools, amenities, the list can be overwhelming so make sure you know what is a MUST and what you can live without.
3. Conduct a detailed home inspection: Once finances are in order and you have found the must have house do your research on a good home inspector, your realtor will be a great go to for this. You do not want any unexpected problems.
4. Ask the seller hard questions: Ask if there was basement flooding, mould, or roof leaks. They are required to respond truthfully, this will help your home inspector and you will be able to make an informed decision.
5. Don't forget your Title Insurance: After the home is yours if you come across any problems that were in the covered in your offer, such as by-law issues you can go through Title Insurance to cover these costs.
Hope this helps you when buying your next home